Nijgadh airport is a massive project, which, if built, will cost more than any single infrastructure project in Nepal so far. 1,476 households of Tangia Basti- already officially landless- will need to be relocated. The prosperity the project promises is still abstract for many, meanwhile, 2.4 million trees will need to be felled over 8,045 hectares of land, destroying Nepal’s prime forest.
Watch the short-doc here, or visit our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/therecorddocs
- Nijgadh Airport: What is proposed and why environmental analysts are so worried
- Both economic and non-economic factors need to be considered if Nijgadh airport is to be feasible
- Life in limbo for the residents of Tangia Basti
- What does the Environmental Impact Assessment report say about the feasibility of the Nijgadh Airport project?
- Nijgadh Airport to be Catastrophic for Nepal’s Tiger and Elephant Populations
We welcome your comments. Please write to us at [email protected]